Munster Finals July 2018
The Community Games Munster Finals took place on Saturday 7th July in U.L. Clare were represented by seventeen teams in Camogie, Futsal, Gaelic Football, Rounders, Skittles, Spikeball, Soccer and Tag Rugby. The U12 Gaelic Football girls from Doora/Barefield will take on a Cork team having beaten Tipperary in a Preliminary match on Saturday last unfortunately Clare lost out to Kerry in the Hurling.
See more photos on Facebook, courtesy of Mary Loughnane.
- Clare brought home seven firsts and two second places. The standard was extremely high in all competitions. All the Clare teams put in great performances but some were unlucky not to be in the medals. The first placed teams now go forward to represent Clare and Munster in the National Finals in U.L. In August 18th – 20th.
- In Camogie Derg had two outstanding wins against Newport, Tipperary and Monaleen of Limerick.
- The Futsal U13 boys from Ennis St Johns beat St Flannan's, Tipperary in semi final. The final against Keel/Kiltallagh, Kerry was a very close match finishing 5 – 4 to the Ennis boys.
- The girls Futsal team from Ennis St Johns overcame Caherdavin, Limerick in semi final. The final was a hard fought encounter with Moyvane/Knockanure, Kerry finishing level on full time and went on to finish in a sudden death.
- The U10 Gaelic Football team from Ballynacally/Lissycasey beat Listowel, Kerry 21 – 17 in semi final. In the final against Newport, Tipperary they came from seven pts down with a few minutes to go to win by one pt.
- In Skittles the U14 team from Quin/Clooney beat St Peter and St Pauls, Tipperary and Caherdavin, Limerick to win gold and a place in the National Finals.
- The U12 boys Soccer team from Doora/Barefield played two fantastic matches against Cloughjordan, Tipperary and Killarney, Kerry to win the final 3 – 1.
- The Tag Rugby U14 team from Quin/Clooney beat Tipperary in semi final. They proved much too strong for Kerry beating them 13 – 9.
- Camogie – Derg: Danielle Beston, Alison Collins, Rachel Danaher, Emily Dominique, Lauren Doyle, Laoise Giblin, Lorraine Grady, Grace Guilfoyle, Amy Healy, Derbhla McNulty, Fiona O'Brien, Labhaoise O'Donnell, Lorna Reilly, Eimear Rodgers, Chelsea Turbidy, Abby Walsh.
- Futsal Boys U13 – Ennis St John's: Patrick Broderick, Jack Dunleavy, Eoin Og Fanning, Kaden Herlihy, Cian Howard, Conor Perill, Luke Pyne.
- Futsal Girls U15 – Ennis St John's: Leanna Brennan, Aless Dagnall Wise, Sarah Hassannejad, Kadijat Karimu, Brianna Maxwell, Sophie Mc Weeney, Naomi O'Shaughnessy, Meadhbh Peoples.
- Gaelic Football U10 – Ballynacally/Lissycasey: Killian Feeney, Cathal Finnucane, Dylan Griffin, Eoghan Hehir, Liam Keane, Mark Kennedy, Callum Killeen, David King, Josh Marrinan, Cian Mc Allister, Diarmuid Mc Guane, Chris O'Callaghan, Eoin O'Connor, Cailean Rynne, Jack Sexton, Oisin Vaughan.
- Skittles U14 – Quin/Clooney: Aine Browne, David Considine, Noah Doherty, Cormac Hale, Tadhg Mc Inerney, Lorcan O'Connor, Molly Slattery.
- Soccer Boys U12 – Doora/Barefield: Darragh Ball, Graham Ball, Gearoid Barry, Dara Bohannon, Diarmuid Boyle, Conor Byrne, Kailum Cahir, Odhran Flynn, Cain Guilfoyle, Owen Hadden, Rory Lynam, Joe Mannion, Cathal Mc Mahon, Oisin O'Donoghue, Thomas O'Connor, Leon Talty.
- Tag Rugby U14 – Quin/Clooney: John Cahill, David Considine, Dannan Fox, Darren Frain, Aidan Keating, Saoirse Keogh, Dylan Leamy, Emer Magee, Orna Moynihan, Claire Murphy, Jack O'Neill, Sam Scanlan.
- Futsal Boys U15 – Moylussa: Diarmuid Coleman, Sean Crotty, Shane Geraghty, Stephen Geraghty, Oisin Minogue, Ben Murnane, Luke Noonan, Ciaran Rodgers.
- Tag Rugby U11 – Moylussa: Tom Arthur, Fiona Byrne, Muireann Coleman, Dan Foley, Matt Layden, Cian Lenihan, Eoin Mc Carthy, Siobhan Mc Mahon, Brendan Minogue, Siofra Minogue, Rhys Mowat, Donagh Walsh Forde.
Many thanks to County PRO Mary Phelan for compiling results.