Munster Finals April 2017
The Aldi Munster Community Games Finals of Team events were held on Sunday 2nd April in U.L. Campus. They were hosted by Limerick Community Games. St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games were represented by 25 teams. All teams put up a brilliant display of talent & sportsmanship. Clare teams brought home 4 Golds & 7 Silvers while other teams were defeated by the narrowest of margins some after extra time. The first success of the day came when Ennis St Johns Girls U15 Soccer team overcame Cashel of Tipperary in the final after extra time with a 1-0 score. Ennis St Johns also won the Chess U13 & U16 with both teams winning in style. The U13 beat the Kerry side of Spa/Fenit/Barrow in the semi final & Kilfinane of Limerick in the Final. Their coach John Cassidy said that some of these children are only 8 & 9 year olds but already hold u8 & u10 Munster championships. The U16 team beat Annascaul/Camp/Inch of Kerry in Semi final & Kilfinane of Limerick in final. The Quin/Clooney U14 Tag Rugby team had to go to extra time & sudden death to take the gold medals. They beat Cashel of Tipperary in semi final & Ardfert/Kilmoyley of Kerry in the final. The Quin/Clooney U11 Tag Rugby were only pipped for gold after extra time in final. All gold winners will represent Clare & Munster in the National finals in Abbottstown on 6th May.
See more photos on Facebook courtesy of Mary Loughnane.
- Ennis St Johns Girls U15 Soccer: Candice Brennan, Leanna Brennan, Fatoumata Diallo, Sarah Hassannejad, Amidat Karimu, Kadijat Karimu, Shauna Kenny, Serodie Lujinduladio, Jessica McDonagh, Shauna Mounsey, Naomi O'Shaughnessy, Darlene Omorodian, Meadhbh Peoples, Nora Tchadjobo, Chisom Ugwueru, Samantha West.
- Ennis St Johns Chess U13: Ronan Kilroy, Ronan Marren, Conall McCarthy, Fionnan McMahon, Cian Pyne, James Rochford, Dyean Rush.
- Ennis St Johns Chess U16: Adam Gomes, Diarmuid Kilroy, Aaron Lillis, Tara McInerney, Ciaran McManus, Dylan Murphy, Brendan O'Connor.
- Quin/Clooney Tag Rugby U14: David Considine, Darren Frain, Aidan Keating, Dylan Leamy, Eoin McCarthy, Orna Moynihan, Claire Murphy, Jack O'Neill, Sam Scanlan, Ella Taylor, Lauren Wall, John Cahill.
- Killaloe Badminton Boys U15: Liam Daly, Harry Kickers, Luke Kickers, Oisin Monaghan, Cian O'Donnell.
- Cooraclare/Cree Basketball Mixed U11: Alyce Carey, Aidan Considine, Aoibhe Hehir, Lisa Kelly, Kevin Marrinan, Karen McMahon, Sean Morrissey, Shane O'Connell, Aaron Townsend.
- Doora/Barefield Basketball Boys U16: Abdul Akinwale, Tunmise Badewa, Ben Cosgrove, Cathal Dwyer, Conor Kelleher, Alan Killeen, Kevin Nugent, Greg O'Connor-Lignon, Aodhan O'Shea, Cian Roughan.
- Clarecastle/Ballyea Futsal Girls U13: Fiona Breen, Aoife Burke, Rebecca Carmody, Sinead Collins, Aisling Costelloe, Ciara Killeen, Hannah Mai Neylon.
- Tulla Draughts U14: Lucas Donlon, Eoin Donnellan, Tadhg Floyd, Michael Hayes, Eabha McInerney, Jennifer Nicholas.
- Doora/Barefield Table Tennis Boys U16: Ciaran Jones, Mauvia Ljaz Ghazi, Darragh McInerney, Brian McNulty, Cian McNulty.
- Quin/Clooney Tag Rugby U11: David Cahill, Matthew Corbett, Paddy Gardiner, Ellie Griffiths, Cathal Leamy, Conor McCarthy, P. J. McCarthy, Euan McGowan, Katie McSherry, Jerry O'Connor, Carrie Scanlan, Maeve Wall.
Many thanks to Mary Phelan as always for compiling the results. See Full Munster Program.