Well done to all the Clare participants at the National Festival up in Athlone at the weekend (14-16 August) and many thanks to county and team managers, parents and supporters. A great weekend by all accounts! Check out the Clare Community Games Facebook page or the Community Games Facebook page for some good photos or their website for full results.
- U16 Boys Pitch and Putt: Ennis St John's - Darren O Brien, Harry Talty, Ross O Flaherty, Jack Connolly and Frank Roche (Darren O'Brien - hole in one)
- U16 Girls Pitch and Putt: Ennis St John's - Ellie Kinnevane, Emma McCarthy, Caoimhe Meehan, Isabel O’Neill (Caoimhe Meehan - best overall score)
- U13 Choir: Quin/Clooney - Lauren Wall, Séamus Fitzgerald, Niamh Magee, Alice Larkin, Sarah Rochford, Karen O'Sullivan, Aisling McHugh, Clíodhna Ryan, Ella Taylor, Sara Hassett, Grainne Lennon, Lara Begg, Rachel Rusk, Ellie McNamara, Caoimhe Downey, Freida Parker, Ella Clifford, Maeve Wall, Isaac O'Sullivan
- U14 Model Making: Paul Hamilton, Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry
- U14 Boys Breastroke: Eoin Rouine, Ennistymon/Lahinch/Liscannor
- U13 Cross Country Relay (County Team): Sinead Lillis, Shauna O'Gorman, Laura Quinlivan, Saskia Morrissey (Cooraclare/Cree); Nadine Pender, Paul Frawley (Miltown Malbay); Mark Hanrahan, Matthew Power (Doora/Barefield); Cillian McGroary (Corofin/Kilnaboy)
- U13 Boys Futsal: Ennis St John's - Michael Mongans, Michael Barrow, Jack Kenneally, Robbie Cormley, Michael Foley, Patrick Sholarin and Nathan Hayes
- U12 Girls Handwriting: Niamh Quinlivan, Kilmihil
- U10 Girls Freestlye: Ava Rochford, Ennis St Johns
- U16 Girls Squad: Doora/Barefield - Amy Lenihan, Laura McDonnell, Tara McEvoy, Aisling Reidy
- U11 Tag Rugby: Quin/Clooney - John Cahill, David Considine, Dannan Fox, Aidan Keating, Emer Magee, Orna Moynahan, Claire Murphy, Roisin O'Mullane, Jack O'Neill, Eva Rusk, Sam Scanlan
- U16 Girls Pitch and Putt: Ennis St John's - Chloe Blessington, Alice Cullinane, Aisling Slouch, Aoife Maher, Eva Whyte
- U14 Girls Mixed Distance Relay: Ailbhe Doherty (Ennis, St. Johns), Niamh Conlon (Cooraclare/Cree), Claire McNamara (Killanena/Flagmount), Lucy Flanagan (Miltown Malbay), Ruth Ferguson (Carrigaholt/Cross), Aine Talty (Miltown Malbay)
- U13 Girls Indoor Soccer: Ennis St John's - Naoimi O Shaughnessy, Amidat Karimu, Candice Brennan, Chisom Ugwueru, Darlene Oyenjekwe, Sharifa Noor
- U13 Cross Country (Individual): Sinead Lillis, Cooraclare
- U10 Boys Model Making: Shane Leahy, Cratloe
- U12 Boys Model Making: Jack Leahy, Cratloe
- U13 Chess: Shannon - Rafew Ahmed, Elijah Andres, Joshua Cesar, Conor McCormaic, Adam McCoy, Sam Meaney, Thomas Power
- U8 Boys Freestyle: Brendan Minogue, Killaloe
- U10 Boys Freestyle: Oisin Minogue, Killaloe
- U8 Girls Art: Ali May Cowper, Ennistymon/Lahinch/Liscannor
- U13 Cross Country (Individual): Mark Hanrahan, Doora/Barefield
- U16 Chess: Shannon - Joseph Cesar, Jessica Danaher, Leon Pino, Darren Pradeep, Donal Pradeep, Ronan Singpurwala
4th Place Medals
- U12 Boys Freestyle: Tiarnan Nijs, Derg
- U10 Girls Backstroke: Elin Blake, Doora/Barefield
- U16 Girls Backstroke: Ivana Pyne, Ennis St Johns
See below for a full list of participants over the course of the weekend.
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games had great success at the National Finals which held in U.L. on 17/18 August. They achieved 1st place in 6 events, 2nd in 6, 3rd in 4 & 4th in 6. Overall it was a great achievement by the Banner boys and girls. Bringing home a total of 64 medals.
See more photos on Facebook courtesy of Mary Loughnane.
- Ella Dillon – Meelick/Coonagh in U16 High Jump
- Luke Griffin – Ballynacally/Lissycasey in U16 1500m
- Harry Hamel – Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly in U14 800m
- Jack Monahan – Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry in U8 80m
- U14 Skittles Team – Quin/Clooney: Donnacha Cantwell, Matthew Corbett, Mikey Hassett, Conor McCarthy, Euan McGowan, Jerry O’Connor
- U14 Girls Spikeball Team – Doora/Barefield: Aislinn Carey, Niamh Mulligan, Orlaith Ni Coilleain, Lucy Power, Jane Quinn, Ailbhe Wright
- Noah McConway – Quin/Clooney – U16 High Jump
- Ava Rochford – Ennis St Johns – U14 Long Jump
- Matthew Ryan – Whitegate/Mountshannon – U12 Long Puck
- Eloise O’Brien – Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry – U14 Long Puck
- U12 Skittles Team – Quin/Clooney: Daniel Cleary, Bobby Clune, Daire Condon, Sean Considine, Ruairi McGowan, Paddy O’Keeffe, Eoin O’Connor
- U14 Boys Spikeball – Lisdoonvarna/Doolin/Kilfenora/Kilshanny: John Curtin, James Flanagan, Stephen Garrahy, Macdara Garrihy, Paddy Haugh, Patrick Normoyle, Conor O’Neill
- Yeshuah O’Brien-Bayer – Moylussa – U14 Long Jump
- Ryan Kelly – Newmarket-on-Fergus – U10 200m
- Neasa Ni Ainifein – Ruan – U16 1500m
- Ember Gilligan – Ennis St Johns – U8 80m
4th PLACE MEDAL
- Clara Miniter – Kilrush – U14 Shot Putt
- Thomas O’Connor – Doora/Barefield – U12 100m
- Seadna Ryan – Quin/Clooney – U8 60m
- Clodagh O’Hagan – Kilkishen/O’Callaghans Mills/Oatfield – U10 100m
- U12 Girls Soccer – Corofin/Kilnaboy: Clodagh Carey, Tara Carey, Molly Cox, Caragh Fitzgerald, Gwyn Holmes, Hannah Moran, Aisling Nagle, Kate O’Callaghan, Emily Singleton, Mylie Treacy
- U13 Girls Rounders – Ballynacally/Lissycasey: Sophie Culleton, Keeva Culligan, Leah Culligan, Abbie Doyle, Sadbh Griffin, Sarah Hickey, Hazel Keating, Kate Lees, Neasa Meaney, Ria Meaney, Phoebe O’Shea, Niamh O’Sullivan
Thanks to Mary Phelan, PRO, for compiling results and to Mary Loughnane for the photos.
Full Clare Participant List
Well done to all 95 children from County Clare who competed in UL on 17th and 18th August, full details below.
The second of the two Community Games National Festival weekends took place last weekend, 19-21 August and 112 competitors from all across the county took part in a variety of events. For a full list of all competitors and placings, please check here. St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games returned home with a another haul of medals and plenty of happy children with memories to cherish and new friends to connect with. Well done to all concerned, not least to all the volunteers who make this happen. Check out these pieces in the Independent and Irish Times. Also, be sure to catch the 9 O'Clock News on RTE Player (about 10 mins in) before it expires.
The first of the two Community Games National Festival weekends took place last weekend, 12-14 August and 220 competitors from all across the county took part in a variety of events. For a full list of all competitors and placings, please check here. St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games returned home with a massive haul of medals and plenty of happy children with memories to cherish and new friends to connect with. Well done to all concerned, not least to all the volunteers who make this happen. Have a look at this nice letter from the Irish Times today from a Quin supporter and check out this piece from the Irish Independent in which the Foleys from Killaloe extol the virtues of Community Games!