The Aldi Munster Community Games Finals of Team events were held on Sunday 2nd April in U.L. Campus. They were hosted by Limerick Community Games. St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games were represented by 25 teams. All teams put up a brilliant display of talent & sportsmanship. Clare teams brought home 4 Golds & 7 Silvers while other teams were defeated by the narrowest of margins some after extra time. The first success of the day came when Ennis St Johns Girls U15 Soccer team overcame Cashel of Tipperary in the final after extra time with a 1-0 score. Ennis St Johns also won the Chess U13 & U16 with both teams winning in style. The U13 beat the Kerry side of Spa/Fenit/Barrow in the semi final & Kilfinane of Limerick in the Final. Their coach John Cassidy said that some of these children are only 8 & 9 year olds but already hold u8 & u10 Munster championships. The U16 team beat Annascaul/Camp/Inch of Kerry in Semi final & Kilfinane of Limerick in final. The Quin/Clooney U14 Tag Rugby team had to go to extra time & sudden death to take the gold medals. They beat Cashel of Tipperary in semi final & Ardfert/Kilmoyley of Kerry in the final. The Quin/Clooney U11 Tag Rugby were only pipped for gold after extra time in final. All gold winners will represent Clare & Munster in the National finals in Abbottstown on 6th May.
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games had almost 20 teams participating in the Munster Community Finals in Tralee on Sat 20th April. The Ennis St John's Chess Teams had great success, securing Gold medals and a place in the National Finals in UL in May under coach John Cassidy.
- U13 Ennis St John's Team: Egor Galyants, James Rochford, Najib Haq, Dylan Rush, Leo Liu, Conall McCarthy, Odhran Murphy.
- U16 Ennis St John's Team: Naem Haq, Diarmuid Kilroy, Ronan Kilroy, Ronan Marren, Sam Montwill, Dylan Murphy, Cian Pyne.
- Badminton: Mountshannon/Whitegate: Met Cork in Semi Final. Boys team won Silver.
- Basketball U11 – Clare V Limerick in Semi Final: Kilrush won Silver.
- Basketball U13 boys – Clare V Tipperary in S/F: Cooraclare/Cree.
- Basketball U16 boys – Clare V Tipperary in S/F: Doora/Barefield.
- Basketball U16 Girls – Clare V Kerry in S/F: Doora/Barefield.
- Chess U13 – Clare V Cork or Limerick in S/F: Ennis St John's won Gold.
- Chess U16 – Clare V Limerick in S/F: Ennis St John's won Gold.
- Draughts U10 – Clare V Limerick in Quarter Final: Tulla.
- Draughts U12 – Clare V Cork in S/F: Ennis St John's.
- Draughts U14 – Clare V Cork or Kerry in S/F: Tulla
- Draughts U16 – Clare V Kerry in Final: Tulla won Silver.
- Indoor Soccer U10 boys – Clare V Limerick in Quarter Final: Corofin/Kilnaboy.
- Indoor Soccer U10 girls – Clare V Limerick or Cork in S/F: Cooraclare/Cree.
- Indoor Soccer U13 boys – Clare V Limerick or Kerry in S/F: Ballynacally/Lissycasey.
- Indoor Soccer U13 girls – Clare V Limerick in Quarter Final: Doora/Barefield.
- Mini Rugby – Clare V Kerry in S/F: Doora/Barefield won Silver.
- Table Tennis U13 girls – Clare V Cork in S/F: Ennis St John's won Silver.
- Table Tennis U13 boys – Clare V Limerick in S/F: Cratloe.
St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games were represented by 14 teams in the Aldi Munster Community Games finals in U.L. on Saturday 1st July hosted by Limerick. Teams took part in Camogie, Gaelic Football, Hurling, Indoor Soccer, Rounders, Skittles & Outdoor Soccer. All teams gave of their best but some were unlucky not to progress to finals. The Skittles teams were unlucky to miss out on gold medals with some of their matches finishing a draw the first time the coordinator had seen such close competitions but Tipperary pipped Clare for all three.