2021 Event Calendar
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games calendar for 2021 is a bit different due to COVID-19 restrictions, but the games are progressing. Find out below how to get involved.
Seven online Community Games events took place during May. County results are listed below. Well done to all those who participated and congratulations to the winners.
A limited range of events will be taking place during the remainder of the summer and into the autumn. Please refer to calendar below or Community Games website for details.
Currently Skittles (U12, U14, U16), Tag Rugby (U11, U14) and Cycling (U12, U14) are not yet scheduled until a co-ordinator for each event is appointed.
|Event (All Individual only)||Closing Date||Event Date||Venue||Age Categories and other details|
|Art||5th May||Results||Virtual / Online||U8 over 6, U10 over 8, U12 over 10, U14 over 12, U16 over 14|
|Model Making||5th May||Results||Virtual / Online||U10 over 8, U12 over 10, U14 over 12, U16 over 14|
|Music||5th May||Results||Virtual / Online||U16 over 12, U12 over 6|
|Dance||5th May||Results||Virtual / Online||
U16 over 12, U12 over 6
|Handwriting||5th May||Results||Virtual / Online||U10 over 8, U12 over 10|
|Recitation||5th May||Results||Virtual / Online||U16 over 12, U12 over 6|
|Singing||5th May||Results||Virtual / Online||
U16 over 12, U12 over 6
|MAY NATIONAL EVENTS||June||Results||Virtual / Online||Full national results of all above competitions.|
|County Athletics Finals||
|Sun15 Aug||O'Sullivan Park, Lees Road, Opening 10am||
Note only 1 winner from each area participates in county finals, then 2 from county winners progress to regional finals. Field setup and number collection etc. will take place on Sat 14th Aug. Note: Only competitors and officials will be permitted within track perimeter. See Full Results.
|GAA Footbal, U10 Mixed||27th July||Sat 7th Aug||Frure, Lissycasey||U10 Mixed - One entry, Ballynacally/Lissycasey through to Munster Finals|
|Camogie||27th July||Sun 8th Aug||Kilmaley||U14 Girls Results|
|Girls GAA Football||7th Aug||Sat 21st Aug||Kilrush||U12 and U14 Girls Results|
|Hurling||7th Aug||Sat 21st Aug||Sixmilebridge||U11 Boys Results|
|Outdoor Soccer||13th Aug||16-22 Aug||Newmarket on Fergus||Girls U12 & Boys U12 Results|
|Tag Rugby||13th Aug||N/A||No Competition||Mixed U11, U14 - One entry in U14 only, Quin/Clooney through to Munster Finals|
|Skittles||13th Aug||Sun 22 Aug||Kilkishen||Mixed U12, U14, U16 Results|
|Rounders||13th Aug||N/A||No Entries||U13 Boys and Girls|
|Pitch and Putt||13th Aug||Sat 18 Sep||Kilnamona Pitch and Putt Club||U16 Boys and Girls. Assemble 9:15am for 9:30am start.|
|Cycling||13th Aug||N/A||No Competition||U12/O10 and U14/O12 Boys and Girls|
|Munster Team Event Finals||23rd Aug||Sat 11 Sept||University of Limerick||Team events. See Further Information here|
|Munster Athletics Finals||Sat 18th Sept||Munster Technology University, Cork||Athletics Track. See Further Information here|
|National Athletics and Cycling Finals||25/26 Sept||IT Carlow Track|
|Outdoor Team Event National Finals||9/10 Oct||University of Limerick|
|Pitch and Putt National Finals||Sat 16th Oct||Ballinalee|
|Swimming||TBD||TBD||Not yet scheduled||U8, U10, U12, U14, U16|
|U13 Cross Country||3 Oct||Sat 16 Oct||Not yet scheduled||U13|
|U10 Relays||3 Oct||Sat 16 Oct||Not yet scheduled||U10|
|Mixed Distance Relays||3 Oct||Sat 16 Oct||Not yet scheduled||U12|
|Swmming, Cross Country and Mixed Distance Relays||27th Nov||University of Limerick|
- Please check Community Games website for details of outdoor events taking place during the summer and autumn.
- Return to physical participation may resume as of Friday 2nd July.
They are a number of key points to note:
- Work is ongoing with the Mycg Health Questionnaire contact tracing app and we anticipate for the training material documentation and the app to be available on the site on 30th June.
- The most up to date version of our 2021 Activities rules and the Age calculator will be released on the 30th of June also.
- The Covid officer is mandatory to have and each Area must ensure that a Covid officer is appointed and on the ORS.
- Areas and Counties must ensure that those volunteers who’s vetting has expired must submit their application for re-vetting as soon as possible.
- Meeting with Counties and Provinces will commence the week of the 5th July, further details to follow, this will afford people to submit any question regarding the running of events.
- There are going to were 7 virtual individual events as part of the May Community Games competition: Art, Model Making, Music, Dance, Handwriting, Recitation and Singing.
- Closing date for entries was 5th May.
- Your Community Games area must be registered for 2021.
- Entrants must reside in a Community Games area. See Clare Community Games areas (note that not all those listed are yet registered so it is worth checking with your area Community Games secretary first).
- Entrants must be within the event age limits as of 31st July. See Handy Age Calculator.
- Entries must be submitted online before the closing date. There is no entry fee this year. Submit entry here.
- Validated entries will then be judged at area level with winning entries forwarded electronically to county for judging. The County winner in each event/category will then be forwarded to National for judging with National winners announced at the end of June. Note that the same initially submitted online entry will be used at all competition levels.
- All entrants will receive a digital certificate during July.
- National winners will receive medals (1, 2, 3 & 4).
Please read the Community Games FAQs for more information.