The munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games Basketball competitions for U-11 mixed & U-13 Boys & Girls took place on 11/12/13 April.
On Friday evening we had the Boys u13 competition in St. Flannan's College in Ennis. There were some very exciting and tight games. The final proved to be a thriller between Doora/Barefield and Cooraclare/Cree with both teams giving their all. Cooraclare/Cree were worthy winners in the end taking gold medals and they now go on to represent Clare in the Munster finals in July. There was a playoff for 3rd & 4th place between Quin/Clooney and Derg with Quin/Clooney winning that game and taking home silver medals.
- Cooraclare/Cree team: Brian McNamara, Padraig Browne, Michael O'Connell, Ronan Donnellan, Sean Martyn, Niall Keane, Niall Corry, Gary Cunningham, Emils Zitare, Eanna Corry.
- Doora/Barefield team: Conor Kelleher, Alan Kileen, Aadhan O'Shea, Ben Cosgrove, Kevin Nugent, Cian Roughan, Matthew Ryan, Ben Higgins, Jack Power, Cathal Dwyer.
- Quin/Clooney: Adam Deegan,Colm Cassidy, Cian Wall, Thomas O'Cearbhallain, Rory Morris, Conal Egan,Donagh O'Sullivan,Padraig Meehan, John Conneally.
- Derg: Oisin McKeogh, James Fennessy, Killian McGrath, Cathal McKeogh, Tadhg O'Mara, Gearoid Guilfoyle.
On Saturday morning in Ennistymon the girl's u13 basketball competition took place and once again there was great excitement with each team giving their best. Clarecastle/Ballyea proved to be the outstanding team on the day beating Cooraclare/Cree in the semi-finals in a very close game to get a place in the final. Quin/Clooney beat Kilmaley/Inch/Connolly in the other semi-final in another very close game to get into the final against Clarecastle/Ballyea. Clarecastle/Ballyea proved to be too strong and well deserved winners taking gold medals and now go on to represent the County at the Munster finals in July. There was a playoff for 3rd & 4th place between Cooraclare/Cree & Kilmaley/Inch/Connolly with Kilmaley/Inch/Connolly taking bronze in a very tight match.
- Clarecastle/Ballyea: Emma O'Donoghue, Ella Doherty, Aoibhín Donnelly, Kate Murphy, Laura Carmody, Emma O'Briem, Moya Sheehan, Rachel Costello, Aoife McDonnell.
- Quin/Clooney team: Emer Moynihan, Kirsty Begg, Emma Considine, Caoimhe McAteer, Juliet Cantwell, Cora Deane, Niamh Magee, Sarah Rochford, Cliodhna Ryan.
- Kilmaley/Inch/Connolly team: Leona Grace, Jodee Cahill, Grainne Glynn, Eilis Cahill, Ciara Hurley, Chloe Neylon, Sarah Ní Cheallaigh.
- Cooraclare/Cree team: Aoibhínn Browne, Theresa Meaney, Nicola Keating, Emily Culligan, Niamh Conlon, Sinead Lillis, Sarah Fennell, Katie Grogan, Emma Kelly, Niamh Burke.
Sunday morning back in Flannans with the u11 mixed basketball competition and there was a lot of excitement among these young teams. In the semi-finals Cooraclare/Cree beat Quin/Clooney to get a place in the final and Clarecastle/Ballyea beat the 2nd Quin/Clooney team in the other semi-final to secure their place the final. The final was a very tight and exciting game and both teams really strong on defence with Cooraclare/Cree beating Clarecastle/Ballyea by a single point. Both of the Quin/Clooney teams played against each other for 3rd & 4th place.
- Cooraclare/Cree team: Paul McNamara, Gary Donnellan, Noel Gavin, Finn O'Drioscoll, Marla Zitare, Heidi Morrisey, Ellen Corry, Aine O'Connell.
- Clarecastle/Ballyea team: Cian Kirby, Fiachra Kirby, Niall Carraig, Roisin Maxwell, Anna Whelan, Aoife O'Brien, Orla Hogan, Hannah Mai Neylon, Sean O'Brien, James Costello.
- Quin/Clooney team 1: Lauren Wall, Lara Begg, Rachel Rusk, Holly Deegan, Emer Hynes, Liam Flynn, Callum Hassett, Cormac Egan.
- Quin/Clooney team 2: Fionan O'Sullivan, Oisin Flynn, David Considine, Cillian O'Gara, Niamh Morris, Hannah Clune, Roisin O'Mullane.