The MUNSTERGROUP Clare Community Games Chess competitions for U-12 & U-16 took place on Sunday 3rd Feb in St Flannan’s College, Ennis. The Co-ordinator was John Cassidy of Ennis. In the u-16 competition only three Teams took part. The standard was extremely high with very little deciding the round robin matches. Shannon came out on top narrowly beating Ennis St John’s 3 – 2 in final. They now go on to represent Clare in the Munster finals in Tralee on 30th March. In the u-12 competition eleven teams took part. The standard here was also very high. This also was played in a round robin competition in two groups. Ennis St John’s two teams together with Shannon & Quin/Clooney contested the semi finals. Shannon and Quin/Clooney emerged to the finals with Shannon winning on a score of 3-2. The two Ennis teams played for the bronze medals with Ennis B coming out on top.
- Shannon – Kevin Singapurwala, David Hanley, Robbie Meaney, Joseph Cesar, Darragh Danaher, Hazel Meaney
- Ennis St John’s – Darren O’Brien, Manus Doherty, Brian Downey, Harry Yeung, Naomi Obadeyi
- Quin/Clooney – Tiernan Boyce, Kevin Reynolds, Donal O’Criodain, Emma Deegan, Stephen Fain, Alan Culligan
- Shannon – Jessica Danaher, Thomas Power, Joshua Cesar, Ronan Singapurwala, Donal Pradeep, Darren Pradeep
- Quin/Clooney – Cian Wall, David Barbotin, Adam Deegan, Jack Duggan, Killian Wall, Oisin McCaffrey, Seoda O’Keeffe
- Ennis St John’s “B” – Robert Sheehan, Aidan Meaney, Jack Lynch, Aaron Lillis, Tara McInerney, Joe Daly, Brendan O’Connor
- Ennis St John’s “A” – Sean O’Brien, Dan Connolly, Fiachra Crowe, Hugh Connolly, James Lyne