The Creative Communities event which ran online during the last few weeks of May was a huge success with over 2000 applicants over all eight events. Clare are very fortunate to have very talented youths in our county and over the 8 events Clare participants took home 10 medals in 6 different categories. Well done to all those who participated and in particular to those who were awarded prizes.
- Photography O16: Anna Collins 2nd Place
- Model Making 6-10: Zoe Ni Chuinn 2nd Place
- Model Making 11-13: Lisa Nicholas 1st Place
Model Making 11-13: Mary Bourke 2nd Place
- Art U5: Darragh Considine 1st Place
- Singing 11-16: Cormac Byrne 2nd Place
- Music 11-16: Aaron Townsend 2nd Place
- Group Music: Cusack Family 3rd Place
- Group Music: Parry Family 4th Place
- Irish Writing Secondary: Daithi O Gilbert 4th Place
Well done to all Participants. The entries can be seen on the Aldi Community Games social media channels (e.g. Facebook).
With the great success of the Creative Communities event and the cancellation of the August Festival there are plans to hold an Active Communities event in August based around the August Festival events. Please keep an eye on the Community Games social media channels and their website. While we may not be able to hold the physical Festivals it is important that each area promotes the Active Communities events as best they can to keep the spirit of the Community Games alive in these unprecedented times.