John O'Sullivan has kindly provided a list of the medals and certificates won by Clare Community Games athletes at the National Finals weekends down through the years from 1971 to date. Click on the year of competition link to see more details.
The munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games had another great weekend at the national finals in Athlone on 22-24 August. They brought home five national titles, nine 2nd places, eight 3rd and eight 4th places, making a total of 84 medals 28 Gold, 22 Silver, 11 Bronze & 23 4th place medals.
Around 170 kids from Clare headed to Athlone from 15-18 August to participate in the Community Games National Festival (Weekend 1). Congratulations to all those who made it to the finals and well done to those who returned home with medals. A great result for weekend 1! See full results on Community Games website.
Congratulations to all those from County Clare who won well deserved awards at the recent Community Games National Area, Volunteer and Media Award Ceremony in Mt Wolseley Hotel, Carlow, on 7th December. The award winners included: -
- Kevin O'Loughlin (Sixmilebridge / Kilmurry) - Clare Adult Volunteer Award.
- Una Ni Choileain (Doora / Barefield) - Clare Youth Volunteer Award.
- Killanena / Flagmount - Clare Small Area Winner.
- Doora / Barefield - Clare Large Area Winner, Munster Winner and National Overall Best Large Area! Congratulations.
Photo courtesty of Community Games.
Well done to all the Clare participants at the National Festival up in Athlone at the weekend (21-23 August) and many thanks to county and team managers, parents and supporters. A great weekend by all accounts and a fitting tribute to the last Clare Community Games President, John O'Sullivan. Check out the Community Games Facebook page for some good photos or their website for full results.
- U16 Boys 100m: Tony Odubote - Ennis St John's
- U14 Girls 800m: Ailbhe Doherty - Ennis St John's
- U14 Girls Long Jump: Chisom Ugweuru - Ennis St John's
- U16 Boys Triple Jump: Joseph Miniter - Kilrush
- U14 Girls Long Puck: Caoimhe Kelly - Kilkishen/O'Callaghan's Mills
- U12 Boys Long Puck: Keith Smith - Killanena/Flagmount
- U13 Solo Music: Liam Browne, Cooraclare/Cree
- U12 Girls 4x100m Relay: Ennis St John's - Damilola Adesina, Niamh Cassidy, Gladis Emenike, Jessica Jagielska, Sammie Ojulari, Naoimi O'Shaughnessy
- U14 Girls 4 x 100m Relay: Ennis St John's - Rachel Adesiyan, Ailbhe Doherty, Amidat Karimu, Sonia Ogbuagu, Chisom Ugwueru
- U10 Boys 100m: Samuel Olaoye - Ennis St John's
- U16 Boys Marathon (Individual): Donal Devane - Doora/Barefield
- U12 Boys 600m: Diarmuid Fahy - Ennistymon/Lahinch/Liscannor
- U10 Boys 200m: William Bello - Ennis St John's
- U15 Girls Badminton: Killaloe - Linda Daly, Susan Daly, Rachel Daly and Jennifer Daly
- U16 Solo Music: Catriona O'Gorman - Kilmihil
- U14 Boys 4x100m Relay: Ennis St John's - Tunmise Badewa, Gabriel Kehinde, Daniel Ohiku, David Ondwudine and Derek Sholarin
- U14 Boys 800m: Cathal McKeogh - Derg
- U16 Judo (25kg): Aidan O'Connell - Ennis St John's
4th Place Medals
- U12 Boys 4x100m Relay: Ennis St John's - Juve Eletu, Cian O’Boyle, Efe Opouro, Colin Ryan and Andrew Ugwueru
- U16 Boys Discus: Daragh Miniter - Kilrsh
- U16 Mixed 4x200m Relay: Kilrush - Daragh Miniter, Joseph Miniter, Chantel Burke, Emer Fennell
- U16 Solo Dance: Emily Byrne - Killaloe
- U9 Girls Gymnastics: Leilani Kent - Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly
- U10 Girls 200m: Holly O'Boyle - Ennis St John's
- U12 Girls 100m: Damilola Adesina - Ennis St John's
- U12 Girls Ball Throw: Naoimi O'Shaughnessy - Ennis St John's
- U16 Boys Discus: Daragh Miniter - Kilrush
- U14 Boys Javelin: Blake Curran - Shannon
- U10 Gaelic Football: Shannon - Conor Fitzgerald,Niall Fitzgerald, Tadgh Fitzgerald, Donal Og Harrington, Lennon Hodges, Blake Kelliher, Kai Legge, Christopher Meaney, Shane Mulrooney, Sean Murphy, Sean O'Brien, Dara O'Callaghan, Ben O'Connell, Alex O'Donnell, Georgie Pyke, Colin Riordan