The Munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games calendar for 2014 season is presented below, along with all results from the season.
The munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games County Art competition took place in CBS School, Ennis on Sat 8 Feb 2013. As usual there was a large number of talented children from the County competing to win a place in the National Finals in Athlone, which take place on 15-17 August.
1. Chloe Lin, Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry
2. Kayla Baumann, Kilmurry McMahon/Labasheeda
3. Molly Fitzgerald, Ennistymon/Lahinch/Liscannor
4. Natalia Wosniak, Sixmilebridge/Kilmuurry and Anna Conolin, Cratloe
1. Kate Guerin, An Droichead
2. Emily Byrne, Killaloe
3. Aine Browne, Quin/Clooney
4. Laura Hayes, Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry and Aisling Moloney, Ruan/Toonagh
1. Sarah Connolly, Parteen
2. Emma O’Brien, Clarecastle/Ballyea
3. Ailise Roche, Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry
4. Niamh Quinlivan, Kilmihil and Letitia Browne, Cooraclare/Cree
1. Kaylee Cahilll, Tulla
2. Amy Guerin, An Droichead
3. Caoimhe McAteer, Quin/Clooney
4. Aoibhin Browne, Cooraclare/Cree and Cliodhna Dennehy, Kilmihil
1. Keava Scanlon, St. John’s Ennis
1. Liam McNamara, Clarecastle/Ballyea
2. Jack Phelan, Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry
3. Michael James Conneally, Ennistymon/Lahinch/Liscannor
4. Paul McDonagh, QuinClooney and Roan Kettelar. Crusheen/Ballinruan/Tobber
1. Trinity Minehan, An Droichead
2. Oisin Flynn, Quin/Clooney
3. Adam Grace, Shannon
4. Ronan O’Rourke, Newmarket-on-Fergus and Jack Marrinan, Ennistymon/Lahinch/Liscannor
1. Eoghan Smith, Inch/Connolly/Kilmaley
2. Ronan Davis, Kilmurry McMahon/Labasheeda
3. Jack O’Connor, St. John’s Ennis
4. David Meaney, Clarecastle/Ballyea and Taig Meppelink, Kilmurry McMahon/Labasheeda
1. Paul Hamilton, Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry
2. Eoin Geraghty, Killaloe
3. Evan Downes, Inch/Connolly/Kilmaley
4. Paul Matthew, Kilkishen/O’Callaghans Mills and Eoin Moore, Newmarket-on-Fergus
Full results of the munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games Boys 2014 track events from U8 through to U16 are listed below.
Full results of the munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games Girls and Boys 2014 field events from U12 through to U16 are listed below.
Full results of the munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games Girls 2014 track events from U8 through to U16 are listed below.
The results of all the munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games County Relay Results, from 2014 are listed below.
The munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games Basketball competitions for U-11 mixed & U-13 Boys & Girls took place on 11/12/13 April.
The munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games Camogie draw for Sat & Sun 18th May in St Flannan's Ennis. Normal Camogie Rules apply. Please note the following:-
The munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games All Star Award Ceremony took place on Friday 17th October in the West County Hotel, Ennis. Congratulations to all the All Star winners, who are listed below, and to Seamus Hayes (Clare Champion) who received the Hall of Fame Award for his excellent coverage of Community Games throughout the year(s). Quin/Clooney once again won the International Police Association Cup for the most involved/best developed area.
Chairperson, Kieran Harvey, thanked sponsors, munstergroup Insurance and all the volunteers and parents who contribute so much to the organisation at local level and Mayor John Crowe echoed these sentiments. Once again, Kevin O'Loughlin did a fine job as MC and a big thanks to Rose and Graham Meakins who co-ordinate the event annually. Flowers were presented to hard-working county secretary (and photographer!) Mary Loughnane and long serving volunteers Cecilia O'Sullivan (vice president) and Dolores O'Loughlin.
Some exceptional entertainment was provided by the choir and set dancers from Quin/Clooney, the Killaloe Culture Corner group and musician Noel O'Gorman from Kilmihil. The evening was finished off with a lively disco till late. Many thanks to the staff from the West County who provided excellent food and service throughout the evening.
The munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games cycling events took place on Quin National School Field on Sat 29th March. The results are as follows: -
The munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games County Draughts competition took place today, 1st March, in St Joseph's School Tulla. Best of luck to the winning teams in the Munster Finals on 5th July. The results are as follows: -
The Boys U15 munstergroup Insurance County Duathlon event took place on Sat 22nd March at Scoil na Mainistreach, Quin. Well done to those who participated in this tough event.
- 1st Sean Cahill Tulla.
- 2nd Alex McConway Quin/Clooney.
- 3rd Sean McNamara Cooraclare/Cree.
The munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games Boys & Girls U-13 Futsal competitions took place on Sat last 26th Apr in St Flannan's College. 8 boys & 3 girls teams took part. The co ordinator was Flan Brennan. The standard was extremely high with going of the matches very close. Ennis emerged as winners in both competitions. In the quarter finals Parteen beat Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly 3-2, Ennis St Johns "A" beat Kilmurry McMahon/Labbasheeda 11-0, Shannon beat Kilmurry McMahon/Labbasheeda "A" 2-1, Ennis St Johns "B" beat Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry 4-3. In the semi-finals Ennis St Johns "A" beat Parteen 2-1 & Ennis St Johns "B" beat Shannon 6-3. In the finals Ennis St Johns "B" beat Ennis St Johns "A" 5-3 and Parteen beat Shannon 4-3 for the Bronze medals. In the girls competition only three teams took part. Ennis St Johns beat Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry 5-4 which was a very closely contested match all the way through matching score for score. Ennis then met Ennistymon/Lahinch/Liscannor in the finals but Ennis were the much stronger side winning 7-2. Both the Ennis St Johns boys & girls now have the honour of representing Clare in the Munster finals in U.L. in July.
The munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games County One Wall Handball competition took place on 5th May in Tuamgraney. The results are as follows: -
The munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games U11 Handwriting Competition took place in St. Joseph's School, Tulla on Saturday 15th February. The standard was extremely high giving the co-ordinator Mary Moran and Goretti O'Dea the chairperson of the judging panel a very difficult task.
The munstergroup Clare Community Games U11 Hurling competition takes place at Gurteen GAA Club on Sunday 11th May with first set of matches starting at 1.30pm sharp. Teams are asked to be there 30 minutes before the starting time. There will be two referees, therefore, two games will be played at the same time.
The munstergroup Clare Community Games Girls U-13 Indoor Soccer competition took place on Sat 14th Dec in St Flannan’s College. Ten teams took part. The co ordinator was Flan Brennan. The standard was extremely high with some very close matches. Ennis St Johns “A” Were the winners after overcoming Parteen/St Nicholas, Quin/Clooney and in the final Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly by 1-0. They will now go forward to represent Clare in the Munster finals.
Then on Sunday the 15th it was the competition for the boys. Fourteen teams took part which was a record entry. The standard was very high with some matches going to extra time. Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly were the eventual winners having beaten An Droichead “A”, Quin/Clooney, Cooraclare/Cree “A” & Parteen/St Nicholas. The final was a close encounter with a score of 3-2. They now go forward to represent Clare in the Munster finals.
The Boys & Girls U-10 Indoor Soccer competitions took place on Sat 11th Jan in St Flannan’s College. Once again co ordinated by Flan Brennan with help from Tony Mounsey & referees Trevor White & David McCarthy. In the boys event, Kilmurry McMahon/Labbasheeda emerged as winners for the first time ever. In the Girls competition only three teams took part with Killaloe getting a bye to the final. The semi final was a tough fought battle between Clarecastle/Ballyea and Quin/Clooney with the Clarecastle/Ballyea girls coming out on top on a score of 4 -1. The final was a good match with the much stronger Clarecastle/Ballyea side winning 3-0.
Results U- 13 GIRLS
- Ennis St Johns “A”
Results U-13 Boys
- Parteen St Nicholas
- Cooraclare/Cree “A”
Results U-10 Boys
- Kilmurry McMahon/Labbasheeda – Jack McCarthy, Damian Downes, Luke Davis, Ethan McMahon, Josh Neary, Jack Kelleher, Mickey Burke.
- Ennis St Johns – Michael Akutobi, Conor Kilcawley, Evan White, Ronan Herbert, Denis Johnston, Cillian Hand, Jason Nevaigure, Kosi Agwueru.
- Killaloe “A” – Oisin Minogue, Tony Foley, Diarmuid Coleman, Luke Dillon, Cormac Byrne, Ciaran Rogers.
- Kilrush – Colin Wallace, Darragh McMahon, Mark Bonfield, Evan McGinnley, Tom Clancy, Harry O’Looney.
Results U-10 Girls
- Clarecastle/Ballyea – Sinead Collins, Fiona Breen, Aisling Costelloe, Fia Sheehan, Hannah Mai Neylon, Roisin Talty, Aoife Burke, Eimer Phelan.
- Killaloe – Lauren Arthur, Emily Byrne, Julie Eliot, Karen O’Mahoney, Rebecca Rogers.
- Quin/Clooney – Roisin O’Mullane, Holly Deegan, Anna Doyle, Sarah Manley, Lucy O’Donnell, Eva Rusk, Orla Moynihan, Hannah Clune.
The munstergroup Clare Community Games Judo competition took place recently. Many thanks to co-ordinator Geraldine Sharkey. The winners go forward to represent Clare in the Munster finals in July.
The Munstergroup Clare Community Games Marathon (5km road race), co-ordinated by Tommy McCarthy, took place in Kilmurry Mc Mahon on Wednesday 18th June. The first four boys and girls home will make up the 8 member County Team to represent Clare in Athlone in August.
The munstergroup Clare Community Games U12 and U14 Mixed Distance Relays took place in Cooraclare on Good Friday, 18th April. There was a great turnout for this well co-ordinated event. The first 3 in each category make it on to the County team to represent Clare in the National Finals in Athlone in August.