Please note that all Community Games activities have been suspended until further noticed due to COVID-19 / Corona Virus outbreak. More Information...
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games calendar for 2020 season is presented below. Please note that all dates and venues are subject to change. Closing dates are normally 2 weeks prior to initial competition date. Entries must be submitted by Area Secretary to County prior to closing date using the On-Line Registration System (ORS). Competition entry fees (€2 per participant) should be paid every 1-2 months with details recorded on the County Event Entry Form - this can be posted with cheque payable to "Clare Community Games" to Treasurer, or brought to the monthly county meeting. All areas participating must be affiliated and have their fees paid (€170) before taking part in any county competition. This is also a requirement for insurance purposes. Please note that there is also a contribution of €10 per team for each team event where referees and/or facilities need to be paid for.
See full calendar below. Please check frequently for updates as the calendar of events will be updated frequently early in the season whilst remaining events are being scheduled.
The St. Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games Art competition took place on Saturday 15th February in CBS Rice College, Ennis. Well done to all the participants and thanks to Cecilia O'Sullivan and her team of volunteers and judges for facilitating this popular event. The Gold medal winner in each category progresses to the National Community Games Finals in UL in May. Please note that area representatives can collect medals at the March County Meeting which is on Tuesday 3rd March at 8:30pm.
U 8 Boys
1. Danny Lynch – Broadford/Kilbane/Kilmore
2. Ronan Considine – Ballynacally/Lissycasey
3. Oran Kennedy – Doora/Barefield; Dylan Anccliff – Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly
4. Culan Fitzgerald – Kilkishen/O’Callaghans Mills/Oatfield
U 8 Girls
1. Anna Mae Ivors – Quin/Clooney
2. Sarah McGrath – Quin/Clooney
3. Molly Reidy – Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry
4. Orlaith O’Rourke – Ballynacally/Lissycasey; Rachel Pegg – Ruan; Katelyn Perry – Feakle
U 10 Boys
1. Michael O’Leary – Inagh/Kilnamona/Cloonanaha
2. Ali Adnan – Ennis St John’s
3. Thaiddhg Oppeboea Murray– Derg; Ciaran O’Neill – Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly
4. Jack Monahan – Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry; Joseph Doherty – Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly; Feedea Conway – Ballynacally/Lissycasey
1. Ava Keogan – Ballynacally/Lissycasey
2. Lily McNamara – Ballynacally/Lissycasey
3. Andrea Carroll – Clarecastle/Ballyea; Roisin Baker – Inagh/Kilnamona/Cloonanaha
4. Tessa Hogan – Tulla; Molly McMahon – Quin/Clooney; Catherine Niland – Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry
1. Aidan O’Connell – Ennis St John’s
2. Sean Murphy – Tulla
3. Jack Browne – Ruan; Daithi O’Leary – Inagh/Kilnamona/Cloonanaha
4. Cian Brennan – Newmarket-on-Fergus; Conor Coffey – Ennis St John’s; Ruairi McGowan – Quin/Clooney
1. Mai Foster – Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry
2. Caroline Hamilton – Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry
3. Nicole Carmody – Ballynacally/Lissycasey; Eryn Moroney – Ruan
4. Ciara Keogan – Ballynacally/Lissycasey; Mia Neville – Ennistymon/Lahinch/Liscannor
1. Taidhg O’Leary – Inagh/Kilnamona/Cloonanaha
2. Eddy Moses-Howley – Feakle
3. James Brooks – Quin/Clooney; Diarmuid Collins – Feakle
4. Sennan Rushtan – Ennis St John’s; Euan McGowan – Quin/Clooney; Diarmuid Crowe – Newmarket-on-Fergus
1. Sophie O’Sullivan – Tulla
2. Millie Corry – Clarecastle/Ballyea
3. Tara Moroney – Ruan; Adriana Padurau – Lisdoonvarna/Doolin/Kilfenora/Kilshanny
4. Hailey Claassen – Derg; Abbie Cahill – Ballynacally/Lissycasey; Amy Hennessy – Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly
1. Brian Coughlan – Quin/Clooney
2. Ali Ghazi – Doora/Barefield
1. Amy Dwane – Broadford/Kilbane/Kilmore
2. Aysha Ihsan – Doora/Barefield
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games Indoor Soccer Competitions for Boys U10 & U13 took place over the weekend, 21st & 22nd February, in Corofin GAA Hall. The competition in both categories was extremely high with some very close matches and some games finishing after penalty shootouts. It was coordinated by Flan Brennan ably assisted by Mark Nestor and their team of referees. The gold medal winners in each category will now go on to represent Clare in the Munster finals on 18th April.
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games Chess Competitions were held on Sunday 1st March in Treacy’s West County Hotel. It was coordinated by John Cassidy. The winners in each category will now go forward to represent Clare in the Munster Finals in U.L. in April.
2020 U13 CROSS COUNTRY & U10 RELAYS RESULTS
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games held the first of their events for the season on Saturday 1st Feb in O’Sullivan Park, Lees Road the trials for boys and girls to select the mixed team in the U13 Cross Country. The first five boys and five girls will now go forward to represent Clare in the National Finals in U.L. in May. Thirty three girls and twenty nine boys participated for the coveted places. These were very highly contested races. There was team events also. All the events on the day were coordinated by Margaret and Vincent McCarthy.
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games Indoor Soccer Competitions for Girls U10 took place on Sunday 8th March in Corofin GAA Hall. The U13 event took placed on Sunday 1st March. The event was coordinated by Flan Brennan and his assistants. The winners in each age group go forward to represent Clare in the Munster finals on 18th April.
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games Handwriting competitions were held in Tulla Secondary School on Saturday 8th February. The first place in the U10 and U12 age groups go forward to represent Clare in the National Finals which will take place in U.L. in May. The U14 category was a county competition only. The standard was high. Thanks to the co-ordinators, Tulla School, all the students who helped and the very capable judges. Medals will be available for collection by Area Representative after the County Meeting on Tues 3rd March in Treacy's West County Hotel. Thanks to Mary Phelan for compiling the results.
The St. Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games Model Making competition took place on Saturday 15th February in CBS Rice College, Ennis. Well done to all the participants and thanks to Cecilia O'Sullivan and her team of volunteers and judges for facilitating this popular event. The Gold medal winner in each category progresses to the National Community Games Finals in UL in May. Please note that area representatives can collect medals at the March County Meeting which is on Tuesday 3rd March at 8:30pm.
U 10 Boys
1. Diarmuid O’Keeffe – Quin/Clooney
2. Fionn McGowan – Quin/Clooney
3. Noah Conneely – Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry
4. Liam Maher – Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly
1. Rosie Boyle – Quin/Clooney
2. Laura O’Connell – Cratloe
3. Karolina Linnane – Lisdoonvarna/Doolin/Kilfenora/Kilshanny
4. Ella Corry – Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly; Nessa Clune – Quin/Clooney
1. Tadgh Hennessy – Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly
2. Seamus McGuire – Quin/Clooney
3. Eoghan O’Connell – Cratloe
1. Zoe Quinn – Tulla
2. Isabelle Moloney – Lisdoonvarna/Doolin/Kilfenora/Kilshanny
3. Holly Leyden – Tulla; Eilidh Lawless – Lisdoonvarna/Doolin/Kilfenora/Kilshanny
4. Linda McGuire – Quin/Clooney; Mollie Russell – Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly
1. Aaron McCarthy – Inagh/Kilnamona/Cloonanaha
2. Colin Devitt – Newmarket-on-Fergus
1. Lisa Nicholas – Tulla
2. Mary Bourke – Ennis St John’s
3. Evie Quinn – Tulla
4. Anna Mae O’Driscoll – Lisdoonvarna/Doolin/Kilfenora/Kilshanny; Emilu Ivanova – Quin/Clooney
The U13 and U16 Boys St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games Table Tennis tournament took place in Cratloe GAA Hall on Sunday 8th March. An enjoyable morning of table tennis was had and many thanks to Sara Lee from Cratloe who co-ordinated the event and to the Cratloe GAA who provided an excellent venue.