Mixed Distance Relay
The Mixed Distance Relays and Cross Country (1200m) events will take place on the 16th October, with the closing date for entries on the ORS the 3rd October. Please note the following details for Cross Country and Mixed Relays:
- An athlete can only compete in one event on this day, either mixed distance or cross country. For mixed distance - participants cannot change their choice of distance on the day of the event.
- Area secretaries please check your participants are in the correct choice of distance as no changes are allowed on the day. Entries will be as per the ORS.
- No late entries allowed on the day and no changing of events and no handling of money on the day.
- It is €2 per participant payable to Clare Community Games by postal order or cheque (as per usual) to be posted and received by Charleen to the following address on or before the 6th of October: Charleen Dillon, Pass Road, Meelick, Co Clare, V94W2XR.
- The event will take place at O'Sullivan Park (Lees road) with a 9:30am assembly at the GAA pitch (across from the Club house) and a 10am start (commencing with the Mixed Distance Relay event).
- Please note that spikes are allowed at this event.
Starting with mixed distance relays.
Mixed Distance Relays
Girls U12/O10 400m
Girls U12/O10 600m
Girls U14/O12 600m
Girls U14/O12 800m
Boys U12/O10 400m
Boys U12/O10 600m
Boys U14/O12 600m
Boys U14/O12 800m
Multiple entries per area for each mixed distance. No team competition.
Top THREE in each go to Nationals in UL on Sat 27th November, with one covering as sub.
U13/O11 Boys and Girls. Multiple entries per area. Top 5 go through to the National finals in UL on Sat 27th November, County prize for top 4 teams (teams of 4 per area qualify for team prizes).
Many thanks to Margaret and Vincent McCarthy who are once again co-ordinating this event and to Mike Reid who is the Covid Officer.
Each area is responsible for ensuring the COVID app or form is completed for the event by everyone attending the event from your area. Please see the community games link for details on Covid-19.
Community Games are taking guidance from Sport Ireland and other National Governing Bodies. This guidance encourages a gradual and inclusive approach to the resumption of activities.
At all stages of the return to sport we will continue to adhere to Public Health advice as we move forward. The priority at all times is to protect the health and welfare of all involved and to minimise the risk of transmission within the Community. With this at the forefront, we have created a Return to Participation Covid-19 Mobile-friendly Web Portal to ensure contact tracing and crowd control measures are put in place.
* follow the Covid portal step by step guide on the CGs webpage
* send the code/link to the invitees to register to attend the event (see below)
* the attendees can only check in on the day of the event. While you can log in anytime before the 16th October the event will not be visible until the day, the Covid declaration can only be completed on the day and your ticket for the event issued (note: check-in cutoff time is 9:30am)
Here is the public code and link:
Public Code : 753118d8
Public Link : https://www.communitygames.info/my_cg/covid_checkin.php?event_code=753118d8
There is an option to download and print the Covid-19 Health Questionnaire to give to your local Covid-19 Officer, however we strongly recommend you use our web based portal.
There was a fine turnout for the Clare Clare Community Games Cross Country Relays which were held in Cooraclare Football Field and hosted by Cooraclare/Cree Community Games on Wednesday 4th April. The U/12’s girls 400m went to Emily Barry Clarecastle/Ballyea with Daniela Svensson Ennistymon/Liscannor taking the 600m and the boys U/12’s 400m going to Ben Whelehan Miltown Malbay with the 600m to Luke Mc Dermott Clarecastle/Ballyea. In the Girls U/14’s 600m, there was a win for Caoimhie Harvey Carrigaholt/Cross with the 800m to Aisling Kelly Doonbeg. Tony Odubuto Ennis St Johns won the boys U/14’s 600m and the 800m went to Eoin Looney Miltown Malbay.
The Munstergroup Clare Community Games cross country relays were held in Cooraclare GAA field on Fri 29th March, hosted by the local Community Games committee. Despite the bitterly cold evening, there was a fine turnout of athletes. Local girls Niamh Conlon won the U-12 400m with the 600m title going go Susan Nestor, Carrigaholt/Cross. The boys U-12 400m went to Shane Harrison, Quin/Clooney with the 600m going to Conor Blake, Doonbeg. In the girls U-14 600m, there was a win for Clara Neylon, Inch/Connolly/Kilmaley, with the 800m going to Amy Barrett from Derg. Tony Odubuto, Ennis St John’s, won the boys U-14 600m and the 800m went to Patrick O’Rourke, Ennistymon/Liscannor. The first three in each event make up the teams to participate in the national finals in May.
The munstergroup Clare Community Games U12 and U14 Mixed Distance Relays took place in Cooraclare on Good Friday, 18th April. There was a great turnout for this well co-ordinated event. The first 3 in each category make it on to the County team to represent Clare in the National Finals in Athlone in August.
Clare Community Games Cross Country relays at Cooraclare on Friday 3/04/2015
The St Francis Credit Union, Clare Community Games mixed distance relays took place on Fri 22nd April in Cooraclare. Many thanks to Margaret and Vincent McCarthy for once again co-ordinating this event. Full results are below.
On Saturday morning, 18th Feb, the Mixed Distance Relays took place in Joe Garry's field in Cooraclare - many thanks to West Clare Sports and Fitness. A large number of boys & girls participated in ideal conditions. They were coordinated by Margaret & Vincent McCarthy. There were competitions for both boys and girls u12 & u14 with U12 running 400m & 600m while the U14 ran 600m & 800m. The first three in each category will make up the teams to represent Clare in the National Finals in May.
The St. Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games Mixed Distance Relay event took place in O'Sullivan Park, Lees Road, on Saturday 17th February. Many thanks to the Coordinators and well done to all those who took part. There were competitions for both boys and girls U12 & U14 with U12 running 400m & 600m while the U14 ran 600m & 800m. The first three in each category will make up the teams to represent Clare in the National Finals in May.
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games Mixed Distance Relay event took place on Saturday 2nd March in O'Sullivan Park, Lees Road, Ennis. There was a big turnout. Many thanks to Margaret and Vincent McCarthy and Ita Hanrahan and their team of helpers, especially the Youth Volunteers, who helped ensure everything ran smoothly.
The Golden Vale Milk Clare Community Games Under 10 boys and girls relays took place in Lees Road on Sat 12th March, co-ordinated by Margaret McCarthy. The results are as follows: -
Girls U10 Relays
- Gold - Clarecastle/Ballyea: Emma O Brien, Kate Murphy, Rachel Hartigan, Aoibhinn Donnelly
- Silver - Ennis St Johns: Laura Cooney, Jill Broderick, Albhe Doherty, Amidat Karimu,
- Bronze - Killanena/Flagmount: Laura Mc Namara, Clare Mc Namara, Louise Keehan, Kate Greene
- Fourth - Miltown Malbay: Sarah Looney, Shauna Fitzhenry, Lucy Flanagan, Niamh O Malley
Boys U10 Relays
- Gold - Clooney/Quin: Shane Harrison, Adam Deegan, Donagh O Sullivan, Christopher Notre
- Silver - Cooraclare/Cree: Gearoid Lillis, Michael Garry, Ronan Donnellan, Brian Mc Namara
- Bronze - Ennis St Johns: Sean O Brien, Hugh Connolly, Jack O Connor, Shane Meehan
- Fourth - Killanena/Flagmount: Tom Comoford, Gearoid Keane, Gerard Mc Mahon, Ian Mc Namara