Cross Country and Mixed Distance Relays 2021
The Mixed Distance Relays and Cross Country (1200m) events will take place on the 16th October, with the closing date for entries on the ORS the 3rd October. Please note the following details for Cross Country and Mixed Relays:
- An athlete can only compete in one event on this day, either mixed distance or cross country. For mixed distance - participants cannot change their choice of distance on the day of the event.
- Area secretaries please check your participants are in the correct choice of distance as no changes are allowed on the day. Entries will be as per the ORS.
- No late entries allowed on the day and no changing of events and no handling of money on the day.
- It is €2 per participant payable to Clare Community Games by postal order or cheque (as per usual) to be posted and received by Charleen to the following address on or before the 6th of October: Charleen Dillon, Pass Road, Meelick, Co Clare, V94W2XR.
- The event will take place at O'Sullivan Park (Lees road) with a 9:30am assembly at the GAA pitch (across from the Club house) and a 10am start (commencing with the Mixed Distance Relay event).
- Please note that spikes are allowed at this event.
Starting with mixed distance relays.
Mixed Distance Relays
Girls U12/O10 400m
Girls U12/O10 600m
Girls U14/O12 600m
Girls U14/O12 800m
Boys U12/O10 400m
Boys U12/O10 600m
Boys U14/O12 600m
Boys U14/O12 800m
Multiple entries per area for each mixed distance. No team competition.
Top THREE in each go to Nationals in UL on Sat 27th November, with one covering as sub.
U13/O11 Boys and Girls. Multiple entries per area. Top 5 go through to the National finals in UL on Sat 27th November, County prize for top 4 teams (teams of 4 per area qualify for team prizes).
Many thanks to Margaret and Vincent McCarthy who are once again co-ordinating this event and to Mike Reid who is the Covid Officer.
Each area is responsible for ensuring the COVID app or form is completed for the event by everyone attending the event from your area. Please see the community games link for details on Covid-19.
Community Games are taking guidance from Sport Ireland and other National Governing Bodies. This guidance encourages a gradual and inclusive approach to the resumption of activities.
At all stages of the return to sport we will continue to adhere to Public Health advice as we move forward. The priority at all times is to protect the health and welfare of all involved and to minimise the risk of transmission within the Community. With this at the forefront, we have created a Return to Participation Covid-19 Mobile-friendly Web Portal to ensure contact tracing and crowd control measures are put in place.
* follow the Covid portal step by step guide on the CGs webpage
* send the code/link to the invitees to register to attend the event (see below)
* the attendees can only check in on the day of the event. While you can log in anytime before the 16th October the event will not be visible until the day, the Covid declaration can only be completed on the day and your ticket for the event issued (note: check-in cutoff time is 9:30am)
Here is the public code and link:
Public Code : 753118d8
There is an option to download and print the Covid-19 Health Questionnaire to give to your local Covid-19 Officer, however we strongly recommend you use our web based portal.