The MUNSTERGROUP Clare Community Games Draughts competitions for U-10 & U-12 & U14 took place on Saturday 23rd Feb in St Joseph’s Secondary School, Tulla. The Co-ordinator was Sean McNamara with the support of all the Tulla Community Games committee and Score keepers Aine O’Callaghan & Kevin McSweeney. The standard in these competitions were extremely high with some of the matches finishing all level with an extra round of games to decide the winners. This is the first time in twenty-five years that Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry were not represented in any of the categories. In the U-10 competition only three teams took part. Tulla beat An Droichead to progress to the final where they beat Quin/Clooney 15 – 5. In the U-12 competition six teams took part. In the first round Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly beat Quin/Clooney & Ennis St Johns beat An Droichead A.In the semi-finals Ennis St Johns beat Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly and Tulla beat An Droichead B. An Droichead won the bronze medals from Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly by the narrowest of margins when it was all down to last game as to who would win. In the final Tulla & Ennis St were level on ten pts each so they had to play one game each to decide the winners it finshed 7 -3 to Ennis St Johns after some extremely close games. In the U-14 Ennis St Josephs qualified for Munster unopposed. Ennis & Tulla will represent Clare in the Munster finals in Tralee on 30th March.
- Tulla – Eoin Donnellan, Rory O’Sullivan, Jennifer Nicholas, Eabha McInerney, Eanna Culloo, Conor McCormack, Sadhbh McGrath.
- Quin/Clooney – Niall Murphy, Eoin Lynch, Noah McConway, Cormac O’Keeffe, Daire Meehan, Darren Lynch.
- An Droichead – Ruadhan Quinn, Sean Crotty, Oran Keenehan, Eimear Quinn, Ben Murnane.
- Ennis St Johns – Brian Crowley-Hayes, Elise Pyne, David McNicholas, Tara McInerney, Nathan Stackpoole, Grace O’Halloran.
- Tulla – Liam McInerney, Stephen Moloney, Orna Mulconroy, Dualta McGrath, Ronan McGrath, Stephen Minogue, Wiktor Murphy.
- An Droichead B – Darragh Moloney, Joe Howard, Danny Devine, Eoghan Quinn, Cian McLoughlin.
- Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly – Evan Forde, Brian Barry, Jamie Clancy, Conor Corcoran, Jamie Grace.
- Ennis - Manus Doherty, Gerard Kavanagh, Sean Benson, Cian Gormley, Darren Hayes, Suzi Haziri.