The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games Indoor Soccer Competitions for Boys U10 & U13 took place over the weekend, 21st & 22nd February, in Corofin GAA Hall. The competition in both categories was extremely high with some very close matches and some games finishing after penalty shootouts. It was coordinated by Flan Brennan ably assisted by Mark Nestor and their team of referees. The gold medal winners in each category will now go on to represent Clare in the Munster finals on 18th April.
The next County Meeting takes place on Tuesday 4th Oct @ 8:30pm. This meeting will be in Treacy's West County Hotel and there will also be a Google Meet link circulated to areas in advance. The AGM is scheduled for Tues 1st Nov.
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games Indoor Soccer Competitions for Girls U10 took place on Sunday 8th March in Corofin GAA Hall. The U13 event took placed on Sunday 1st March. The event was coordinated by Flan Brennan and his assistants. The winners in each age group go forward to represent Clare in the Munster finals on 18th April.
The Munstergroup Clare Community Games County Indoor Soccer finals took place on 8th, 9th and 15th December in St Flannan's, Ennis. Full results are listed below.
The munstergroup Clare Community Games Girls U-13 Indoor Soccer competition took place on Sat 14th Dec in St Flannan’s College. Ten teams took part. The co ordinator was Flan Brennan. The standard was extremely high with some very close matches. Ennis St Johns “A” Were the winners after overcoming Parteen/St Nicholas, Quin/Clooney and in the final Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly by 1-0. They will now go forward to represent Clare in the Munster finals.
Then on Sunday the 15th it was the competition for the boys. Fourteen teams took part which was a record entry. The standard was very high with some matches going to extra time. Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly were the eventual winners having beaten An Droichead “A”, Quin/Clooney, Cooraclare/Cree “A” & Parteen/St Nicholas. The final was a close encounter with a score of 3-2. They now go forward to represent Clare in the Munster finals.
The Boys & Girls U-10 Indoor Soccer competitions took place on Sat 11th Jan in St Flannan’s College. Once again co ordinated by Flan Brennan with help from Tony Mounsey & referees Trevor White & David McCarthy. In the boys event, Kilmurry McMahon/Labbasheeda emerged as winners for the first time ever. In the Girls competition only three teams took part with Killaloe getting a bye to the final. The semi final was a tough fought battle between Clarecastle/Ballyea and Quin/Clooney with the Clarecastle/Ballyea girls coming out on top on a score of 4 -1. The final was a good match with the much stronger Clarecastle/Ballyea side winning 3-0.
Results U- 13 GIRLS
- Ennis St Johns “A”
Results U-13 Boys
- Parteen St Nicholas
- Cooraclare/Cree “A”
Results U-10 Boys
- Kilmurry McMahon/Labbasheeda – Jack McCarthy, Damian Downes, Luke Davis, Ethan McMahon, Josh Neary, Jack Kelleher, Mickey Burke.
- Ennis St Johns – Michael Akutobi, Conor Kilcawley, Evan White, Ronan Herbert, Denis Johnston, Cillian Hand, Jason Nevaigure, Kosi Agwueru.
- Killaloe “A” – Oisin Minogue, Tony Foley, Diarmuid Coleman, Luke Dillon, Cormac Byrne, Ciaran Rogers.
- Kilrush – Colin Wallace, Darragh McMahon, Mark Bonfield, Evan McGinnley, Tom Clancy, Harry O’Looney.
Results U-10 Girls
- Clarecastle/Ballyea – Sinead Collins, Fiona Breen, Aisling Costelloe, Fia Sheehan, Hannah Mai Neylon, Roisin Talty, Aoife Burke, Eimer Phelan.
- Killaloe – Lauren Arthur, Emily Byrne, Julie Eliot, Karen O’Mahoney, Rebecca Rogers.
- Quin/Clooney – Roisin O’Mullane, Holly Deegan, Anna Doyle, Sarah Manley, Lucy O’Donnell, Eva Rusk, Orla Moynihan, Hannah Clune.
The munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games indoor soccer competition took place in St. Flannan's College, Ennis on Sat 24th Jan (Girls U10/U13), Sun 25th Jan (Boys U10) and Sat 31st Jan (Boys U13). There was an excellent turnout and a great way to kick the Community Games year off - so Well done to all involved especially Flan Brennan and his team. Full results are below.