Indoor Soccer 2018
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games Boys U10 & U13 Indoor Soccer competitions came to a conclusion last weekend, 24/25 February. Due to the large volume of entries the competition took three days to run off. The standard was extremely high with a number of the matches going to extra time & penalty shoe out. It was coordinated by Flan Brennan with assistance from Mark Nestor in Corofin GAA Hall. Ballynacally/Lissycasey won the double they now have the honour to represent Clare in the Munster Finals on 21st April in U.L.
In the U10 semi finals Ballynacally/Lissycasey (Maroon) met Moylussa (1). These were very evenly matched with the Ballynacally/Lissycasey side edgeing ahead to win 6 – 4. Cooraclare/Cree met Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry but the Bridge boys proved to be the stronger side winning 10 – 4. Moylussa & Cooraclare/Cree played off for the Bronze medals Moylussa won 7 – 2. The finals was between last years winners Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry and Ballynacally/Lissycasey. The Bridge boys had to be satisfied to finish as runners up on a score 4 – 1.
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games Indoor Soccer competitions for U10 & U13 Girls took place over the weekend in Corofin GAA Hall. The Co Ordinator was Flan Brennan assisted by Mark Nestor and a number of referees. The U13 competition was on Saturday with the U10's on Sunday. The winning team in each will go forward to represent Clare in the Munster finals to be held in U.L. on 21st April.
U10 BOYS RESULTS
1. Ballynacally/Lissycasey (Maroon) – Killian Feeney, Cathal Finnucane, Dylan Griffin, Liam Keane, Callum Killeen, David King, Cian McAllister, Eoin O’Connor
2. Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry – Rory Chaplin, Conor Gleeson, Charlie Keane, Killian McNamara, Donal O’Leary, David Pearce, Killian Slater, Dylan Tobin
3. Moylussa (1) – Tom Arthur, Joe Murnane, Donagh Walsh Forde, Rhys Mowat, Eoin McCarthy, Aiden Joyce, Brandon Rosney
4. Cooraclare/Cree – Cian Burke, Oisin Burke, Dylan Corry, Tom Crehan, Cian Downes, Emmet Gavin, Conor Looney, Eoin Murphy
In the U13 semi finals Inagh/Kilnamona (Green) went down to Corofin/Kilnaboy 8 – 0 while Ballynacally/Lissycasey (Black) beat Moylussa (1) 4 – 3. Inagh/Kilnamona played Moylussa for 3rd & 4th placings. At full time the score was 7 – 7. Moylussa won on sudden death penalties. The final was a very close encounter with Ballynacally/Lissycasey narrowly beating Corofin/Kilnaboy 2 – 1.
U13 BOYS RESULTS
1. Ballynacally/Lissycasey (Black) – Daire Culligan, Daire Hill, Darren Keane, Aaron Killeen, Robbie Markham, Sean McAllister, Colm Meaney, Aidan Weaver
2. Corofin/Kilnaboy – Colm Breen, Cathal Flanagan, Jack Keane, Frankie Lyons, Mark Mounsey, Josh O’Brien, Oisin O’Rourke
3. MOylussa (1) – Oisin Minogue, Cormac Quinn, Rian McArthur, Eden Minehan, Eoin Heffnor, Julian Heaney, David Lyons, Cormac Byrne
4. Inagh/Kilnamona – Oisin Daffy, James Hegarty, Neil Hegarty, Luke Kelly, Alex Leydon, Daniel McCarthy, Jack Mescell, Frank Roughan
Girls U10 Results
Five teams took part in the U10 competition. Ennis St Johns beat Moylussa "B" (Killaloe & An Droichead) 4 – 1 giving the Ennis side a place in the semi final. Moylussa "A" beat Clarecastle/Ballyea 5 – 1 while Ennis St Johns beat Inagh/Kilnamona. Clarecastle/Ballyea won the Bronze medals from Inagh/Kilnamona.
In the final Ennis St Johns were the stronger team & beat Moylussa "A" for the Gold & a chance to represent Clare in the Munster finals in April.
- Ennis St Johns – Lexi Bowe, Lauren Breen, Abbey Brigdale, Jorja Deegen Herlihy, Emily Fox, Isabel Ikieby, Chloe McGuane, Cairtlyn McInerney.
- Moylussa “A” – Ciara Power, Caoimhe Moloney, Caoimhe Hayes, Aoibheann McArthur, Maria Kennedy.
- Clarecastle/Ballyea – Ava Courtney, Lauren Browne, Aisling Clohessy, Aoibhinn Corbett, Caoimhe Francis, Eloise McErlean, Caoimhe Ryan.
- Inagh/Kilnamona – Natalie Cotter, Kate Dowling, Aimee Foudy, Blathnaid Hegarty, Heidi Keane, Sarah Meskell, Mai Telfort, Holly Wynne.
Girls U13 Results
In the U13 competition nine teams participated. The standard was very high with some matches going to extra time to be decided.
Corofin/Kilnaboy & Lisdoonvarna/Doolin/ Kilfenora/Kilshanny were level at full time with the Lisdoonvarna girls coming out on top after extra time 4 – 1. Ennis St Johns met near neighbours Doora/Barefield this also went to extra time with Doora/Barefield winning 4 – 2. Clarecastle/Ballyea went down to Moylussa "A" 3 – 1. Ballynacally/Lissycasey beat Moylussa "B" 7 – 1. Cooraclare/Cree beat Moylussa "A" 2 – 1.
In the semi finals, Lisdoonvarna/Doolin/Kilfenora/Kilshanny beat Ballynacally/Lissycasey 3 – 2 and Cooraclare/Cree beat Doora/Barefield 4 – 2.
The Play off for 3rd & 4th was a very close encounter with Ballynacally/Lissycasey & Doora/Barefield finishing 2 – 2 at full time. The Ballynacally girls went on to win after extra time and penalties.
Lisdoonvarna/Doolin/Kilfenora/Kilshanny and Cooraclare/Cree met in the final with Lisdoonvarna coming out as winners and will now represent Clare in the Munster Finals in U.L. in April.
- Lisdoonvarna/D/K/K. – Caoimhe Byrne O’Connell, Tara Connolly, Susie King, Lorna McNamara, Ellie O’Dwyer, Sidhb O’Loughlin, Jane Shannon, Roisin Sheedy.
- Cooraclare/Cree – Amy Corry, Aoibhe Hehir, Lauren Kampft, Isabella Kelly, Lisa Kelly, Chloe Lillis, Aimee McNamara.
- Ballynacally/Lissycasey – Sadbh Griffin, Kylah Hickey, Aoife Griffin, Ria Meaney, Phoebe O’Shea, Abbie Doyle.
- Doora/Barfield – Aislinn Carey, Kate Moran, Niamh Mulligan, Orlaith Ni Coileain, Aoibhinn O’Callaghan, Lucy Power, Jane Quinn, Lauren Quinn.