Boys Indoor Soccer 2017
SIXMILEBRIDGE/KILMURRY TAKE GOLD & SILVER U10
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games Boys U10 Indoor Soccer competitions were held on Saturday 8th April in Corofin GAA Hall. Ten teams competed. It was co ordinated by Flan Brennan & his team of assistants. The standard was extremely high with some very close matches with the two Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry teams fighting it out for the honour to represent their county in the Munster finals in July.
See more photos on Facebook, courtesy of Mary Phelan.
- Preliminary Rounds – Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry 1 beat Ballynacally/Lissycasey Maroon 5 – 4 while Killaloe beat Cooraclare/Creee 2, 7 – 5.
- Quarter Finals 1 - Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry 2 beat Lisdoonvarna/Doolin/Kilfenora/Kilshanny 4 – 3.
- Quarter Finals 2 – Cooraclare/Cree 1 Beat Ballynacally/Lissycasey 4 – 2
- Quarter Finals 3 – Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry 1 beat Killanena/Flagmount 7 – 0
- Quarter Final 4 – Doora/Barefield beat Killaloe 4 – 3
- Semi Final 1 – Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry 2 beat Cooraclare /Cree 6 – 2
- Semi Final 2 – Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry 1 beat Doora/Barefield 7 – 3
- Play Off – Doorbarefield beat Cooraclare Cree for the Bronze medals
- Final was a local derby between Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry 1 & Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry 2. It was a very exciting match with team 1 edging ahead to win 6 – 3.
U10 Boys Results
- Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry 1 Cian Conroy, Harry Gavin, Dan Lynch, Jack McCloskey, Aidan Moloney, Cillian Murphy, Daniel Murphy-Black, Oscar Wrixon-Todd
- Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry 2 Daithi Casey, Luke Deegan, Patrick Lenane, Patrick Lonergan, Jack O'Halloran, Donal O'Leary, Zak Phelan, Cillian Slater
- Doora/Barefield Graham Ball, Conor Byrne, Liam Clune, Cillian Conway, Colin Frawley, Rory Lynam, Cathal McMahon, Thomas O'Connor
- Cooraclare/Cree 2 – Fionn Burke, Oisin Burke, Cian Corry, Simon Culligan, Philip Kelly, Killian McNamara, Scott Meany, Martin Zitars
INDOOR SOCCER U13 BOYS
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games U13 Boys Indoor Soccer competitions took place on Sunday in Corofin Gaa Hall. The co ordinator was Flan Brennan with his team of referees & assistants. Sixteen teams were registered. It was a brilliant days entertainment with some very close & exciting matches. Ballynacally/Lissycasey Black were the winners and now go on to represent Clare in the Munster finals in July in U.L.
- First round Carrigaholt/Cross proved much too strong for the Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry1 boys they won 17 – 0
- Ballynacally/Lissycasey Maroon beat Cooraclare/Cree 5 – 2. Quin/Clooney got a walk over
- Killaloe beat near neighbours Killanena/Flagmount 9 – 1
- Corofin/Kilnaboy beat Kilrush 3 – 1, Doora/Barefield beat An Droichead 11 – 0
- Ballynacally/Lissycasey Black beat Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry 2, 6 – 2,
- Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly got a walk over
- Quarter Final 1 – Carrigaholt/Cross beat Cooraclare/Cree1, 5 – 4
- Quaarter Final 2 – Killaloe beat Quin/Clooney 9 – 2
- Quarter Final 3 – Corofin/Kilnaboy beat Doora/Barefield 2 – 1
- Quarter Final 4 – Ballynacally/Lissycasey Black Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly 4 – 1
- Semi Final 1 Carrigaholt/Cross met Killaloe. This was a very exciting & tense match with both teams level on 5 – 5 at full time. In extra time the Carrigaholt/Cross boys edged ahead to win the gold on a score of 3 – 1.
- Semi Final 2 Ballynacally/Lissycasey Black proved too strong for Corofin/Kilnaboy 5 – 2.
- Play off Killaloe beat Corofin/Kilnaboy for the Bronze
- Final Ballynacally/Lissycasey Black beat Carrigaholt/Cross 8 – 2
- 1st Ballynacally/Lissycasey Black – Ciaran Connolly, Fionn cotter, Darren Keane, Darragh Killeen, Colm Meaney, Conor Meany, Michael Meaney
- 2nd Carrigaholt/Cross – Ciaran Bonfil, Leon Daly, Fionn Doherty, Eoin Hassett, Jonah Krieger, Timmy Madigan, Keith McMahon