Indoor Soccer 2016
U13 Girls Results
The first competition of the new season of St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games took place in Corofin Hall on Saturday 9th Jan. It was the first of the Indoor Soccer competitions and involved 14 U13 teams from across the county. The standard of competition was extremely high with all teams vying for the chance to represent Clare in the Munster finals in July. It was co-ordinated as usual by Flan Brennan and his team of referees.
In the 3rd & 4th place playoff was a local derby with the two Quin/Clooney teams facing each other. The final was a very exciting one with both teams evenly matched and finished level at full time, after extra time they were still tied. It then went to a penalty shootout where the Clarecastle/Ballyea girls edged past the Ennis St. Johns A team and pipped them of the title they have held for a number of years.
- Gold – Clarecastle/Ballyea: Helena Enright, Hannah Morrissey, Anna Whelan, Aoife Lavelle, Sinead Collins, Rebecca Carmody, Aisling Costelloe, Hannah Mai Neylon.
- Silver – Ennis St. Johns A: Samanta West, Anita O'Shaughnessy, Naomi O'Shaughnessy, Emma O'Leary, Jodie Russell, Sarah Hassannejad, Jessica McDonagh, Meadhbh Peoples.
- Bronze – Quin/Clooney A: Lauren Wall, Karen O'Sullivan, Rachel Rusk, Lara Begg, Abi O'Sullivan, Aoife Perill, Eimear McGee, Anna Doyle.
- Certs – Quin/Clooney B: Roisin O'Mullane, Lucy Cassidy, Niamh Morris, Ellie McSherry, Holly Deegan, Sarah Manley, Hannah Clune, Eva Rusk.
U10 Girls Results
The U10 Girls Indoor Soccer competition was held on Sunday 10th Jan in Corofin Hall. It was coordinated by Flan Brennan. Doora/Barefield came out on top and now have the honour to represent Clare in the Munster Finals in July in U.L.
- Gold – Doora/Barefield: Lucy Power, Ciara Frawley, Eabha O'Driscoll, Katie Hardiman, Hannah Costelloe, Sheena Kerins, Sarah Scahill, Millie Watts.
- Silver– An Droichead: Rachel Guerin, Sarah Noonan, Siobhan McMahon, Caoimhe Naughton, Molly Keogh, Emily White.
- Bronze – Corofin/Kilnaboy "A": Serena Concannon, Hannah Lynch, Orla Gilligan, Lisa Murphy, Caitriona Henry, Aisling Nagle.
- Certs– Corofin/Kilnaboy "B": Skyee Concannon, Caragh Fitzgerald, Rebecca Organ, Aoibheann O'Connor, Grace Griffin.
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games U10 & U13 Boys Indoor Soccer competitions for 2016 took place in Corofin on Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th January. 35 teams took part 17 under 10 & 18 teams in under 13. Almost all the U10 indoor soccer games went to extra time with two games going to a penalty shootout to decide the winners. It was coordinated by Flan Brennan with his dedicated team of referees.
U10 Boys Results
- Gold – Parteen: Rory Meade, Gavin O'Regan, Darragh Korkan, Jamie Kelly, Sean O'Connell, Eoghan Breen, Eoin Begley, Eoin Crotty.
- Silver – Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry: Finn Murphy, Marcus Joyce, Jack O'Halloran, Reece Kirkland, Cian Conroy, Aidan Moloney, Darragh Whyte, Conor Rafferty.
- Bronze – An Droichead: Brion Keenahan, Rowan Butler, Jack Lovett, Adam Sheil, Ciaran Howard, Muiris Quinn, Cian Lenihan.
- Fourth – Doora/Barefield (White): Cathal McMahon, Diarmuid Boyle, Colin Frawley, Oisin O'Donoghue, Dara Bohannon, Thomas O'Connor, Micheal O'Coileain, Darragh Monaghan.
U13 Boys Results
- Gold – Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry: Adam Murray, Scott Kirkland, Coby McDonald, Colm Flynn, Noel Flynn, Jack Hughes, Ian Collins, Mark O'Shea.
- Silver – Doora/Barefield: Jack Scahill, James Curran, Darragh McMahon, Nick Hardiman, Jakub Ruminowicz, Donnacha Frawley, Samuel Costelloe, Eoghan Boyle.
- Bronze – Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly: Ryan Vaughan, Eoghan Smith, Evan Gavin, Kieran Daniels, Diarmuid Cahill, Jack Warren, Charles Killeen, Colin Carmody.
- Fourth - Cooraclare/Cree: Gary Donnellan, Paul McNamara, Ross O'Neill, Josh Morrissey, Donnacha Morrissey, Noel Gavin, Mark Hehir, Danny Gallagher.
You can check out all photos from the Indoor Soccer event over on our Facebook page.