Boys Indoor Soccer 2020
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games Indoor Soccer Competitions for Boys U10 & U13 took place over the weekend, 21st & 22nd February, in Corofin GAA Hall. The competition in both categories was extremely high with some very close matches and some games finishing after penalty shootouts. It was coordinated by Flan Brennan ably assisted by Mark Nestor and their team of referees. The gold medal winners in each category will now go on to represent Clare in the Munster finals on 18th April.
See more photos on Facebook courtesy of Mary Phelan and Flan Brennan.
In the U10 competition ten teams participated. In Preliminary round, Cratloe beat SIxmilebridge/Kilmurry 3-2 while Corofin/Kilnaboy beat Ballynacally/ Lissycasey 4-1. In the quarter finals Kilmurry McMahon/Labbasheeda beat Broadford/Kilbane/Kilmore 10-0, Cratloe beat Moylussa 6-0, Corofin/Kilnaboy Beat Cooraclare/Cree 8-0, Doora/Barefield Beat Lisdoonvarna/Doolin/Kilfenora/Kilshanny 6-3. In the semi finals Cratloe beat Kilmurry McMahon/Labbasheeda 4-3, Corofin/Kilnaboy & Doora/ Barefield finished 3-3 at full time with Corofin winning after sudden death penalties. Corofin/Kilnaboy proved the stronger beating Cratloe 4-1 in the final.
- Corofin/Kilnaboy – Eoghan McGroary, Robbie McMahon, Damen Skerritt, Joe O’Callaghan, Alfie Tracy, Oisin Kirby, Harry Quinn.
- Cratloe – Mark O’Neill, Thomas O’Sullivan, Conor Gleeson, Aodhan Stepher, Conor Quinn, Brady Hughes, Alistar Turner, Tobey Moloney.
- Doora/Barefield – Oscar Deegan, Tiernan Garvey, Alex Curran, Nathan Dixon, Cillian Sullivan, Jamie McMahon, Eoin McInerney, Oliver Mannion.
- Kilmurry McMahon/Labbasheeda – Alan Foley, Joseph McCarthy, Tadgh Bermingham, Ruben Cantrell, Liam Neylon, Mark Morrissey, Ryan Maloney, Loughlan Dwyer.
In the U13 competition twenty teams participated. There was ten first round matches with Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry “A”, Inagh/Kilnamona/Cloonanaha Green, L.D.K.K. Blue, Doora/Barefield Maroon, Newmarket-on-Fergus 1, Kilmurry McMahon/Labbasheeda, Cooraclare/Cree Blue, Cratloe, Ballynacally/Lissycasey Black and Moylussa Red all progressing to the next round. In the Preliminary round, Doora/Barefield Maroon beat Ballynacally/Lissycasey and Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry “A” beat Kilmurry McMahon/Labbasheeda 7-6. In the quarter finals Cooraclare/Cree Blue and Cratloe 3-3 Cratloe won 4-2 on Penalties, Doora/Barefield Maroon beat Inagh/Kilnamona/Cloonaha Green 8-2, Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry “A” beat L.D.K.K.Blue 4-1, Newmarket-on-Fergus 1 and Moylussa Red 2-2 Newmarket won 13-12 on penalties. In the semi finals Doora/Barefield Maroon beat Cratloe 6-3 while Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry “A” beat Newmarket-on-Fergus 1 5-2. Cratloe beat Newmarket for bronze. The finals between Doora/Barefield and Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry was a very exciting close contest with both finishing level 6-6 Doora/Barefield won 13-12 on sudden death penalties.
- Doora/Barefield Maroon – T.J. Moore, Jack Cahill, Liam Clune, Graham Ball, Cillian Conway, Conor Byrne, Colin Frawley, Cathal McMahon.
- Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry “A” – Daniel Murphy Black, Cian Conroy, Harry Gavin, Jack O’Halloran, Patrick Lonergan, Rory Chaplin, Aidan Moloney, Oscar Wrixon Todd.
- Cratloe – Conor Brady, James Boyce, Oliver Sherlock, Cian O’Gorman, Sean O’Gorman, Josh Allan, Jim Conolin, Gareth Murphy.
- Newmarket-on-Fergus 1 – Aaron Cusack, Alex Hayes, Zach Treacy, Rhyan Foley Ikjot Billen, Scott Mulqueen, Evan Crimmins.
Many thanks to Mary Phelan for compiling the results and match reports.