Outdoor Soccer 2021
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games boys U12 Soccer competitions and girls U12 (7 a side) competitions were held during August in Newmarket on Fergus and CDSL grounds, Doora.
The girls competition was a straight final between Cratloe and neighbouring Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry. The girls from Cratloe won 3-1 and they now go forward to represent Clare in the upcoming Munster competition on 11th Sept in UL.
In the boys event preliminaries, Cratloe and Newmarket on Fergus drew 0-0 but Newmarket on Fergus won 3-2 on penalties; and Quin/Clooney beat Cooraclare 5-0. Newmarket went on to defeat Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry 1-0 in the semi finals and Quin/Clooney overcame Tulla 3-0 - both Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry and Tulla got byes into the semis. The final was closely contested and Newmarket on Fergus overcame Quin/Clooney 1-0 and they now advance to the Munster finals.
U12 Girls Results (7 a side)
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games 7 a side soccer was held in the CDSL County grounds, Doora. Only two teams participated. Cratloe proved the stronger when they defeated Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry.
- Gold: Cratloe - Hannah Boyce, Abbie O'Gorman, Kate O'Neill, Cara Power, Emily McMahon, Lara Magee, Lucy Lohan, Kate Kearney, Meia Carroll, Alice Browne.
- Silver: Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry - Heidi Connelly, Lucy Coughlan, Lilly Flannery, Megan Kearney Kearse, Kayleigh Loughnane, Anna Madigan, Kate Monahan, Roisin Moroney, Moyra Grady, Aishling White.
U12 boys Results
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games U12 Boys Soccer competition was held recently in Newmarket – on – Fergus, Soccer pitch. Six teams participated. The standard in this competition was very high with Newmarket-on-Fergus coming out as winners by the narrowest of margins. The now on to represent Clare in the Munster Finals in U.L. The quarter finals Cratloe and Newmarket – on – Fergus were tied at 0 – 0 at full time but Newmarket won 3 – 2 on penalties while Quin/Clooney Red beat Coorclare/Cree 5 – 0 to secure their place in the semi finals
Semi Finals Newmarket – on – Fergus beat Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry 1 – 0 while Quin/Clooney Red proved too strong for Tulla winning 3 – 0. The final was a very close match with Newmarket edging ahead to win by 1 – 0.
- Gold: Newmarket on Fergus - Samual Bannon, John Burke, Cian Rush, Evan Cusack, Shane Devitt, Dillon Casey, Reuben Ginnane, Liam Hehir, Ryan Kelly, Joshua Moroney, Kelvin Mulqueen, Donal O'Callaghan, Colin O'Dea, Diarmuid Ryan, Jamie Ryan, Darragh Sheedy.
- Silver: Quin/Clooney: Dan Brohan, Michael Cahill, James Canny, Bobby Clune, Ronan Donlon, Adrian Matula, Cian Maxted, Kieran McFadden, Sean McGee, Ned O'Reilly, James Palache, Daithi Ryan, Seadna Ryan, Shane Stritch, Liam Swambeer, Ethan Sweeny.
- Bronze=: Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry - Aded Al Zohby, Dougie Brew, TJ Finnin, Liam Flannery, Alex Hayes, Tommy Healy, Neil Og Giollacearra, Harry Loughnane, Colm McManus, Sean Moloney, Cian Mullins, Eoin Murphy, Oisin Rafferty, Finn Cullen, Calum Slater, Ewan Moylan.
- Bronze=: Tulla - Stephen Carroll, Ruadhan Courtney, Rory Duff, Harry Dunworth, Conor Littleton, Noah Milsted, Jason Moroney, Cian Murphy, Sean Murphy, Tiernan Murphy, George Noonan, Santiago Oliviero, Danial Pugachenko, James Quinn, TJ Ringrose, Eric Yan.