Girls Soccer 2022
Soccer U12 Girls
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games U12 Girls 7-a-side soccer competition was played at Kilmihil People’s Park on Wednesday evening 10th August in very hot conditions.
Quarter Final 1 Quin Clooney beat Moylusa 1-0 after extra time.
Quarter Final 2 Kilmihil beat Inch Kilmaley Connolly 1-0.
Sixmilebridge Kilmurry and Ballynacally Lissycasey had a bye to the semi finals.
Semi Finals - Sixmilebridge Kilmurry beat Quin Clooney 6-0.
Kilmihil beat Ballynacally Lissycasey 1-0.
In the playoff Ballynacally Lissycasey and Quin Clooney could not be separated and due to the very hot conditions and teams playing their third game of the evening it was decided not to go to extra time and both team finish on joint third.
In the final Sixmilebridge beat Kilmihil 3-0. It was a very competitive game and again teams playing their third game of the evening.
Thanks to John Kelly and Hasan for refereeing for the evening and kept the competition running smoothly. Also thanks to John Carmody at Kilmihil People’s Park who had venue set up and it was an excellent facility to host the event in.
- Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry – Faye Collins, Lucy Conroy, Sarah Conroy, Lucy Coughlan, Lilly Flannery, Anna Gilligan, Anna Madigan, Roisin Moloney, Darcy O’Hara, Aishling White.
- Kilmihil – Elke Downes, Ella Mc Guane, Ellie Durkin, SDaoirse Mc Mahon, Robyn Carmody, Alisha Farrell, Chloe O’Gorman, Orla Downes.
- Ballynacally/Lissycasey – Maeve Coughlan, Roise Crowe, Honor Erwin, Isabelle Garry, Ali Griffin, Kayla Houston, Niamh Keating, Lily O’Leary, Olive Quinn, Tara Weaver.
- Quin/Clooney – Nessa Clune, Sinead Clune, Rosie Doyle, Siofra Gallagher, Sophie Harrison, Kayleigh Loughnane, Oilbhe Mc Caffery, Molly Mc Mahon, Ella O’Brien, Leah Titley.
Soccer U15 Girls
The St Francis Credit Union Clare Community Games U15 Girls Soccer competition was played at St. Pat’s Soccer grounds on Thursday evening 11th August in very hot conditions, The start was delayed to 7pm to allow evening to cool down a little.
Round Robin series.
Game 1 Sixmilebridge Kilmurry beat Ennis St. Johns 2-1
Game 2 Sixmilebridge Kilmurry beat Inch Kilmaley Connolly 4-0
Game 3 Ennis St. Johns beat Inch Kilmaley Connolly 1-0
After 2 wins from 2 games Sixmilebridge Kilmurry were Gold medal winners.
Game 3 was all to play for with Ennis St. Johns and Inch Kilmaley Connolly giving it 100 percent to earn the Silver medals
Thanks to John Kelly referee who did all three games and kept the competition running smoothly.
Thanks to Pat Daly for use of St. Pat’s grounds for the evening.
- Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry - Eimear Cahill, Orla Cahill, Alisha Connors, Emma Cosgrave, Abil Darcy, Sally Harrison, Rebecca Joyce, Teigan Judge, Cassie Kirkland, Nicole Lally, Kate Monahan, Molly Purcell, Shona Ryan, Marley Seago O’Sullivan.
- Ennis St Johns - Lauren Breen, Abbey Brigdale, Jorja Deegan Herlihy, Rhianna Eze, Mia Hassett, Lilith Kearney, Holly Lynch, Chloe McGuane, Faye Neville, Caitlin O’Doherty, Eva O’Grady, Hannah Said, Sophie Skerritt, Aoibhe Walsh, Emily Cordova.
- Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly - Kayla Connellan, Erin Courtney, Mary Kate Cregan, Lily Doherty, Ciara Lohan, Moira Maher, Keela Markham, Brooke Martin, Lexi Martin, Arabelle McGauley, Edi McGuane, Rhea Moloney, Pippa Neylon, Sophie Wall.
Both of the Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry teams will now go forward to represent Clare in the Munster competition in early September.